Monday 2 July 2012

Snack: Beef balls with satay sauce

Image 1: Beef balls with satay sauce
Location: Corner 475 King's Road / Kam Hong Street, North Point, Hong Kong
香港北角英皇道~475 (英皇道 / 琴行街)

Food synopsis: Beef balls were steaming hot, and were soft but bouncy and textured with bits of beef tendons ... Certainly sounds disgusting when described anatomically, but it was really street food. The satay sauce really added a extra kick to the beef flavour. It was slightly spicy, and ladled onto the balls resting on a silver plate at the window of the street stall, just before serving. Sure, the plate had a the remaining drips of sauce from previous customers orders, but sure enough my order left a similar trail of sauce behind.


Yum yum yum! I couldn't eat it fast enough! It was hot, the sauce of dripping, I was in a crowded street corner waiting for the lights to turn green in the heat of summer clinging onto my clothes on my sweaty back. Consequently, I had to do what most people do: Stick out my butt, lean forward to let the sauce drip directly onto the floor rather than my shoes, bag or clothes and take it one bite at a time whilst juggling the mouthful of beef ball in my mouth to prevent it from burning my tongue too much.



I just wish I were more like a cow - have several more stomachs so I could've had the appetite to have another one straight away.


N.b. Around the corner, on Kam Hong Street, there is a place that sells Egg waffles/eggettes. Their stall front is plastered with newspaper and magazine articles about how their egg waffles are the best in Hong Kong. And it certainly seemed so. A reason why that corner was so busy was that there were about 7 - 8 others waiting around to be served their freshly made eggette. I heard some being eaten - super crunchy and steaming hot, straight from the pan. I must invest in several more stomachs, or try this place another time when in North Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment