Saturday 4 August 2012

Vanilla bar and cafe, Oakleigh

Image 1: Orange paste
Location: Vanilla bar and cafe, Oakleigh

I can't really fault this place. Although it was only the 3rd time I've been back, I can say with confidence that these guys have done a great job with providing consistent service and food quality

That's not saying that the service is great, or the food is amazing, but it is a pretty good standard. But it is decent enough.


I just can't see myself coming here very often, purely because the food isn't particularly healthy. Sure there are healthy options like salads, but not all salads are healthy. In example, see Image 4 which is a chicken caesar salad. The portion size for 1 person was way too
large, and the amount of dressing and oil associated with the chicken made it quite a greasy plate of food. Proportion of chicken to vegetables was way out of whack, although I can understand that this is probably the owner/manager's idea of keeping their customers happy.

After all, the human race are massive meat-guzzling creatures.

I shall comment no further. Vanilla Bar and Cafe will forever remain a place for special occasions only.

Image 2: Mixed dips with slightly burnt bread


Image 3: Pistachio and chestnut roll
 

















Image 4: Chicken caesar salad

No comments:

Post a Comment