Sunday 1 January 2012

Dinner: Spicy salt and pepper calamari


Image 1: Very spicy salt and pepper calamari with rice and frozen veg

Made a massive mistake with the salt and pepper calamari. When making up the batter, I was sprinkling the chilli powder through the tiny hole I made in the corner of the packet, but was barely getting any through. It wasn't the first time I'd been impatient with the chilli packet, so I decided that the time was ripe to cut a slightly larger hole in the corner.

So I did. But alas! Still feeling very impatient, I used the same rigorous tipping and shaking action. Probably had a heaped teaspoon's worth of chilli powder when 1/8tsp would have adequately tingled my taste buds.

So, pain beyond pain when eating!!! My mouth felt like to was burning, and tears were coming down
my face as I was eating (partly contributed by how upset I was at how badly this turned out). My stomach was crying out in protest that evening, not to mention my intestines later on. Had to wash each piece down with cold yoghurt and lots of soy milk.

Lesson learned: Never be impatient with hot chilli powder.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you didn't mention the.potential diarrhea and the pain in which you experience during the act with too much chilli!!!

    Btw I can't seem to able to comment on the other one - need to sign in.

    ReplyDelete